The Biblical Studies program is designed primarily for students desiring a career in teaching the Bible at the university level and, as such, it is predicated upon the student pursuing further graduate work after completion of the program. This degree will prepare the student for a variety of ministries in the church immediately after graduation, such as preaching, teaching and evangelistic work. It will not likely prepare the student for pastoral ordination in most denominations without first completing further study.
Upon completion of this program, the student should be able to:
- Deeply appreciate the place of the Bible in the Church’s life and faith.
- Summarize biblical history and literature.
- Trace the development of the major themes through the Bible.
- Demonstrate the necessary skill for interpreting biblical literature.
- Communicate biblical truth through teaching and preaching.
- Accomplish graduate study.