The Business Management Program is designed to prepare students to serve in society and the church with the principle that “our work is worship.” This program is structured to provide the student with the skills and knowledge necessary to manage an organization in the twenty-first century. Special emphasis will be given to management and leadership principles. The program will culminate with an internship or a practicum that provides the student an opportunity to apply management principles and skills learned through their major.
Upon completion of this program, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate management concepts in an existing business.
- Evaluate a business idea and develop a business plan.
- Analyze business operations and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Articulate and demonstrate leadership and organizational skills.
- Evaluate financial condition and statements of a business and propose courses of action.
- Demonstrate critical judgment and decision-making skills in a business context.
- Apply management principles to manage people and processes within an organization.