The Christian Ministries program is designed for students desiring to enter the Christian Ministry. This may include pastoral care, chaplaincy ministries, evangelistic work, or a variety of other types of ministries which involve preaching and teaching the Word of God.
Upon completion of this program, the student should be able to:
- Lead and grow a congregation.
- Connect with community leaders and organizations.
- Develop and preach sermons that address congregational needs, integrate a Christian worldview, and reflect and understanding of contemporary culture.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the Bible, an understanding of Wesleyan doctrine, and competency in using exegetical skills requisite for leading a congregation and life-learning.
- Exhibit personal and spiritual attributes of a servant’s heart, holy living, and sense of calling essential to leading a church and ministering to its people.
- Provide pastoral care to a congregation.