The Pastoral Care and Counseling program is designed for the purpose of preparing students for Christian Ministry and Pastoral Counseling. This may include pastoral care, pastoral counseling, and other types of ministry. The program is designed to help the student toward ordination in their chosen denomination and/or to provide training toward being an effective counselor in the pastoral setting. Students are encouraged to pursue a Master of Arts degree in Pastoral Counseling to advance their studies in the field.
Upon completion of this program, the student should be able to:
- Exhibit competency in Biblical and Theological knowledge.
- Possess the ability to integrate psychological, theological, and pastoral counseling principles.
- Show proficiency in pastoral care and pastoral counseling.
- Function ethically and professionally.
- Apply knowledge gained in a ministry context.