This program offers the student a double major in Disaster Management & Relief and Business. This will provide the necessary preparations and qualifications to work in both a disaster/emergency vocation and a business environment. The graduate of this double major will have greater career opportunities than either of the majors alone. While this program will allow for a graduate to work in the business world in general, the graduate will have the necessary education to develop the niche of disaster and emergency management.
Upon completion of this program, the student should be able to:
- Evidence competence in the dual fields of disaster management and business.
- Apply key elements of disaster management strategies, theories, and concepts to simulated and practical situations.
- Integrate a Christian worldview into critical thinking and decision-making related to the field of Disaster Management & Relief.
- Analyze the existing and desired structure, climate, and culture of organizations whose focus is disaster relief/management.
- Apply management principles to manage people and processes within an organization.
- Analyze an organization's operation and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Evaluate the financial condition and statements of a business and propose courses of action.