Replacing Low Grades

Students may repeat a course in which a "D" or an "F" has been awarded. Previously-taken courses remain on the transcript but the higher grade is used to calculate the cumulative GPA. This is special value to students on academic warning or probation.  It is strongly recommended that students repeat any "D" or "F" courses to raise the cumulative grade point average.