The Human Services major is for adults who want to equip themselves with an education in human services skills. The inclusion of a core of Bible/Christian Worldview classes ensures this education is morally and ethically grounded. This program prepares individuals for entry-level positions in a variety of helping professions and provides a foundation for a variety of bachelor-level programs such as criminology, counseling, ministry, psychology, and social work.
Upon completion of this program, a student should be
- Integrate Christian principles in critical thinking and decision making.
- Demonstrate awareness and improvement of thinking and learning strategies.
- Exhibit competency in general education subjects.
- Comprehend interpersonal communication skills.
- Apply assistance and services as appropriate to human need and situations.