The following policy is to be applied to all students in the University who receive an “I” for incomplete work in a course:
- A temporary grade of incomplete may be granted for some assignments when the student is prevented from finishing course work on time by extenuating circumstances, such as military service, hospitalization, or death in the immediate family. The student should demonstrate that the majority of work has already been accomplished. Students will be assigned alternative assignments for participatory activities, team exercises, and online discussions, for class sessions approved for the incomplete. Assignments due for class sessions held prior to the incomplete may not be made up.
- It is the student’s responsibility to request an “I” grade by emailing the request and rationale to email@example.com. The request must be made no later than the last week of the course. If the emergency occurs in the last week of the course, the request must be made no later than 14 days after the end date of the course as noted in SONIS.
- The student, instructor, and advisor will be notified regarding approval or denial of the appeal.
- Students approved for a temporary grade of incomplete will be required to turn in completed work to the instructor who taught the course. The deadline for submitting work is five weeks from the end date of the course as noted in SONIS.
- Failure to submit the incomplete work by this deadline will result in earning zero points for the incomplete work, and the final grade will be awarded accordingly.