Ohio Christian University has developed its unique program of Master of Business Administration and Master of Arts with a major in Ministry to address the needs of its constituencies. The combination of these degrees will serve pastors who need to be a “tent-maker” or to lead in the financial aspects of their ministry as well as business people who desire to fully engage in ministry understanding and opportunities at their churches and ministry organizations.
The MBA/MA dual degrees program provides the leaders of today and tomorrow with the knowledge and skills required to succeed in multiple environments: business and ministry.
The program emphasizes critical and strategic thinking, business management skills, ethics, and real-world applications as well as the Bible, theology, and historical thought and context of the church.
Upon completion of the MBA/MA dual degrees program, the graduate should be able to:
- Integrate Christian principles in critical thinking and decision making.
- Demonstrate awareness and improvement of thinking and learning strategies.
- Implement business concepts in a business environment.
- Evaluate operations and provide recommendations to improve performance.
- Analyze Christian theological thinking, church, and culture through the centuries and the effects of each on the others.
- Conduct independent research and evaluation of biblical and theological literature and apply knowledge to enhance ministry practices.