The Emergency Management program at Ohio Christian University offers the student a major in Emergency Management with a minor in Business. This program provides the necessary preparations to work in the Emergency Management field as well as in Business, with eighteen hours of business courses. The Emergency Management program looks to train tomorrow’s leaders to prepare for, respond to, and recover from emergencies and disaster situations.
Upon completion of this program, the student should be able to:
- Evidence competence in the dual fields of Emergency and Disaster Management and Business in preparation for private or public-sector employment.
- Apply theoretical and practical knowledge of Emergency and Disaster Management for saving lives and property from the impacts of crises, emergencies and disasters.
- Integrate a Christian worldview into critical thinking and decision-making related to the field of Emergency and Disaster Management, Business, and Government.
- Analyze the existing and desired structure, climate, and culture of organizations whose focus is Emergency and Disaster Management.
- Apply management principles to manage people and processes within an organization.
- Analyze an organization’s operation and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Evaluate the financial condition and statements of a business and propose courses of action.