This program is designed to prepare individuals for a career in sports management and business. It offers a double major with courses offered in Sports Management and Business, with an emphasis on Christian service in the growing area of sports business. This program prepares individuals to use athletics and leadership principles and skills to the daily arena of sports and business. The program culminates with an internship with an opportunity to apply the principles of sports management and business.
Upon completion of this program, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the psychological and spiritual aspects of sports.
- Understand the principles for effective management in a variety of sport applications and situations.
- Demonstrate the ability to integrate faith into Sport Leadership.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the legal and ethical dilemmas involved in sports today.
- Take leadership roles in Sporting Events.
- Demonstrate the appropriate organizational and administrative procedures for sports and recreational activities.
- Evaluate financial condition and statements of a business and propose courses of action.