The Bachelor of Arts in Psychology at OCU leads to a broad foundation of knowledge in the discipline of psychology. Through the integration of a Biblical worldview, students intellectually approach the study of psychology with a deep awareness of the challenges they will encounter in graduate school, the workplace, or ministry. At the completion of this program of study, students will possess a foundational understanding of human behavior and mental processes as well as basic psychology terminology and concepts used in; statistical and research methods, physiological psychology, and history and systems.
Students who complete the Psychology major should be able to:
- Integrate Christian principles in critical thinking and decision making.
- Demonstrate awareness and improvement of thinking and learning strategies.
- Identify effective interpersonal relationship skills.
- Summarize major counseling, developmental, and personality counseling theories.
- Apply psychological theories to life situations.