This program offers the student a dual major in Emergency & Disaster Management and Business. This will provide the necessary preparations and qualifications to work in both an emergency/disaster vocation and a business environment. The graduate of this dual major will have greater career opportunities than either of the majors alone. While this program will allow for a graduate to work in the business world in general, the graduate will have the necessary education to develop the niche of emergency and disaster management.
Upon completion of this program, the student should be able to:
- Evidence competence in the dual fields of Emergency & Disaster Management and Business in preparation for private or public-sector employment.
- Apply theoretical and practical knowledge of Emergency and Disaster Management for saving lives and property from the impacts of crises, emergencies and disasters.
- Integrate a Christian worldview into critical thinking and decision-making related to the field of Emergency and Disaster Management, Business, and Government.
- Analyze the existing and desired structure, climate, and culture of organizations whose focus is Emergency and Disaster Management.
- Apply management principles to manage people and processes within an organization.
- Analyze an organization's operation and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Evaluate the financial condition and statements of a business and propose courses of action.