By combining Intercultural Ministries with a Business major, the student will obtain the additional skills and knowledge necessary to manage an organization in the twenty-first century with the recognition that our work is our ministry. This dual program in Business and Intercultural Ministries will prepare students for aspects of doing business and ministry in our world today. Courses that deal with finance, marketing, management, accounting, cross-cultural communication, world religions, and discipleship will be integrated to prepare students to fulfill the Great Commission by means of the global marketplace.
Upon completion of this program, the student should be able to:
- Appreciate the uniqueness of Christianity in relation to other religions and assess the cultural influences.
- Apply the basic principles of cross-cultural communication.
- Analyze adjustments needed to effectively engage with a culture different from one's own for the purpose of doing business and ministry.
- Apply management principles to manage people and processes within an organization.
- Analyze an organization's operation and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Evaluate the financial condition and statements of a business and propose courses of action.